Arts in Education (AiE)
The Artists-in-Education (AiE) program, was initiated in 1986 under the Community Arts Development Program by the Maryland State Arts Council (MSAC) to assist schools in booking artists (performing, literary, visual artists) throughout the state who would bring new and additional arts programming into the schools. This very successful program continues to support Maryland artists, teachers and children by providing funding for artist residencies and school assembly programs. AiE financial support is offered through both MSAC and locally through HCCAB.
HCCAB grants $3,000 to this program every year. Funding must be requested by submitting an AiE Grant Application for each arts presentation. Funds are dispensed on a first-come, first-served basis. AiE grant forms are available by contacting the HCCAB office.
For consideration by Harford County’s AiE funding program, please:
- Make scheduling arrangements with artist/group.
- Sign and return artist/group contract.
- Send AiE application and copy of signed contract back to the HCCAB office.
- Upon approval and availability of funds, a check for the cost of 1/3 of the performance will be sent to the artist in care of the principal of your school.
- Or, again upon approval and availability of funds, a check for ½ of the cost of a residency will be sent to the artist in care of the principal of your school. (Please refer to residency chart on back of application.)