Challenge Grants are awarded to organizations for use in developing or implementing arts programs targeting underserved or at-risk populations, specifically youth, minorities, citizens with disabilities, and seniors. Challenge Grants fund up to 50% of the proposed program budget, up to $1000. Challenge Grant funds must be matched by the organization. All funds will be dispersed by June 30.
A formal application and final report is required. Challenge Grant applications may be submitted during the months of April and May only. Planned programs must take place by September 30, though consideration can be given for special circumstances. A final report must be submitted upon completion of the funded program.
Please include the following information in your Challenge Grant Proposal:
- Contact information for organization, including name, mailing address, telephone number, and website address
- Name and title of organization point of contact
- Contact information for organization point of contact, including mailing address, telephone number, and email
- A detailed description of the program, including targeted population, need being fulfilled by program, start and completion date, and means of evaluating success of program
- A detailed budget, including income, expenses and in-kind services