Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Grants
Who is eligible for funding from HCCAB?
Any Harford County nonprofit organization offering culturally-based programs within the county is eligible for funding from HCCAB.
Where can I find the application forms?
Applications for the CAD (General Operating and Special Project) Grantscan are available through this web-sites's e-grant system. Opportunity and Challenge grants are done in a letter form; AiE grant forms are available by contacting the HCCAB office.
Are there restrictions on the granted funds?
Yes. Each grant program is specific as to how the funds can be used. Please refer to grant and application guidelines.
Are HCCAB grants a one-time award?
Only the Opportunity Grant program is a one-time award. Upon successful completion of the program for which the Opportunity Grant is awarded, if the program is to be repeated or ongoing, organizations must apply for funding support through the CAD Special Project Grant Program. The Cultural Arts Board encourages organizations to apply annually for CAD and Challenge Grants.
How do I apply for 501(c)3 status?
Visit www.irs.gov for application procedures in obtaining 501(c)3 status.
Grant Request Criteria
The following criteria are used by the Harford County Cultural Arts Board in determining eligibility for awarding grants:
1. Is this a new or previously awarded group of activity?
2. If previously awarded group, has the amount being requested changed? 3 . Has the proper form been used? 4. Is the application completed properly and signed? 5. Does the group have an IRS non-profit identification number and is it a Harford County organization?
6. What artistic categories are applicable? 7. How long has the organization existed, is it financially stable and is the program realistic? 8. Does this organization have merit and contribute to the community? 9. What size is their audience?
10. Does the amount requested from HCCAB qualify by the existing formula? (General Operating = 33%, Special Project = 50%) 11. Does the budget balance? (Expenses = Revenues) 12. Are in-kind services disproportionate to the operating budget? 13. If previously funded, has the organization completed the previous year's Final Report? 14. What are the artistic merits of the activity? Is it innovative?
15. Does the project develop new audiences or support an underserved population?
PRINTING AND SUBMITTING YOUR FINAL REPORT CAD Final Reports that were submitted for FY 2012 are archived in the web-site. Log On with you Organization's Password; go to the Online Grant Menu -click on Final Report and you will see your organization's grant archived under Submitted Forms -click on Copy and your form will be duplicated- the Menu on the bottom of the duplicated Final Report has an Edit button- click on Edit and your Grant will Open and you can go in and update the information for FY 2013-(the form will open with last year's information with the 2013 format) then just proceed with your form according to the below information. All your Grants have a number- just be sure to make note of what number last year's grant was and what number this year's grant is to avoid confusion. If this is you First Time Submitting you must register as a user- go to Online Grant Forms-click on grant form to be used and click Start New in the Submitted Forms window to open a new grant form. If at anytime you wish to save your information-go to the bottom of the grant- click NO when it asks is this a Final Submit-Click Update-your Grant will be saved in the Submitted Forms area- to Reopen- click on Edit and you can reopen your grant- complete it then follow the directions below for Final Submit.
You will not be able to print your grant until it has been completed and when you are prompted in the menu at the end of the grant it says-is this a Final Submit? and you answer YES-then you must click UPDATE to save your report form. Once you save your report -it goes into the Submitted Forms window -from this form-CLICK on the TITLE of your organization to open the grant in the view-only form. CLICK the PRINT BUTTON at the BOTTOM to open the form in PRINTER FRIENDLY VIEW and select how you wish to print from your browser menu.